Top
  /  World   /  Malta locks down migrants camp, puts 1,000 in quarantine after COVID cluster

Malta locks down migrants camp, puts 1,000 in quarantine after COVID cluster

VALLETTA Some 2,500 African newcomers were put beneath necessary quarantine on Sunday after a virus of COVID-19 and the camp out at Hal Far in the south of Malta was believed to have regulate and armed forces vans to ensure cooperation.

Health Minister Chris Fearne shared with newshounds that by the way eight court cases seemed to be confirmed in half days and a endanger probe confirmed the oppurtunity that these issues had distribute to your multitude of other migrants since people in the camp out managed to survive in a good position.

“This is not racial discrimination. Quarantine orders are issued to anyone who tests positive and the people around them,” Fearne said. “Quarantine is probably the most vital gadgets the country needs to contain coronavirus.”

He said the eight confirmed cases had been placed in isolation. All other migrants in the camp will have to observe quarantine for 14 days.

He said arrangements had been made for medical care to be provided at the site. Army trucks have circled the camp and police have been deployed at and around the area.

Home Minister Byron Camilleri said quarantine would be enforced by the police as in all other cases in Malta. Anyone breaking quarantine is liable to a 3,000 euro ($3,240) fine.

Malta has reported 227 COVID cases but no fatalities.